During the cold Kirkfield Heating months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning ASAP if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning at 204-272-8128 or book an appointment with us online.