You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make certain your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the present temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your annual furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 204-272-8128.