As warmer weather rolls around, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Winnipeg? Even if your cooling unit is newer or was running good last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your system checked yearly by a Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning professional can help spot small issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy consumption—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine pieces and complete a cycle of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into big issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 204-272-8128 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.