As warmer weather starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Winnipeg? Even if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running good last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot small issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Now with Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 204-272-8128 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.