There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Winnipeg, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees could help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning technician drops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few easy ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Winnipeg. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the experts at Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 204-272-8128 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.