Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Winnipeg is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning in Winnipeg at 204-272-8128 today.