Having regular air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Kirkfield Heating summertime, have the specialists at Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning today at 204-272-8128.