When it’s cold in Winnipeg you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might need a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.