As spring rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Kirkfield Heating? Particularly if your cooling equipment is newer or was running good last summer.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your equipment examined annually by a Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning tech can help spot little problems before they become huge meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint minor issues before they become major, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly look at parts and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify problems before they lead to major troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free operation throughout the season. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your system is at risk for advanced failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 204-272-8128 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.