Make your life easier—start preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service call from your Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning professional each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your system, which can hamper airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for major repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.