If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to learn more about them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning in Kirkfield Heating at 204-272-8128. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.