Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Winnipeg during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Kirkfield Heating & Air Conditioning at 204-272-8128 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.